Self introduction letter

 Hello Mr Brad Blackstone,

I hope the week has been good for you! My name is Seah Yeow Min, and I am writing this post to introduce myself. I graduated from Nanyang Polytechnic with a diploma in digital and precision engineering, and I am currently pursuing my bachelor’s in Singapore Institute of Technology, Mechanical Design and Manufacturing Engineering.

What motivated me to pursue engineering further was actually during my polytechnic education, I was granted the opportunity to intern at Rohde & Schwarz, located in Teisnach, Germany. During my tenure, I gained valuable insights into the industry, such as milling, tooling, electroplating, electro-discharge machining, and clean rooms, and how such processes were connected. During my time there, through my interactions with sustainability-minded colleagues, I looked forward to collaborating with others to create sustainable solutions to, for example, clean rooms, as such environments rely heavily on plastics to ensure minimal parts contamination.

My strengths would be that I am very independent and observant. Although introverted, I don’t close myself off from making friends and taking opportunities. I can create a conducive environment for expression in a group setting and pull out the quiet ones for their input. As a very independent person, I would love to explore working overseas. I believe everyone has strengths and weaknesses, and there is always something to learn from our experiences.

I hope to hone my public speaking skills, specifically my train of thought, having a well-put-together train of thought while presenting. I am guessing my usage of broken English among my peers plays a significant role in this issue, so that is another area I would like to improve and make a conscious effort to minimize my use of broken English.

I look forward to getting guidance from you to improve myself. Thanks in advance, and see you soon!

Yours Sincerely,

Seah Yeow Min


Comments

  1. Very well written letter! Simple and straight to the point while able to expand on the depth and breadth of the topic!
    There are use of stronger vocabularies that brings out the impact of the points made and I really appreciate the effort in that.
    However, I have a bit of a problem in looking for points such as 2 goals for the module, but nothing a second read cannot fix!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Omega,

      thanks for checking out my blog. I will take note of the points you have mentioned and work on them in my future writings!

      Yours Sincerely,

      Yeow Min

      Delete
  2. Yeow Min's letter is well written and shows an insight into his unique experience as an intern in a foreign country. I feel that the flow could be better, in contrast, he expresses his individuality in the letter, as well as his strengths and weaknesses. Overall, an interesting read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenizza,

      I am glad you gained insights into my recollections of my internship days. It was a fantastic experience exploring a different country almost every weekend there. Thanks for your input regarding the flow of my letter; I will continue to improve my writing.

      Regards,

      Yeow Min

      Delete
  3. Simple, well written and structured letter pointing out your interest in engineering through your experiences working as an intern in Germany. I also like how you went in depth with your experience as an intern, making this read pretty interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vernon,

      Thanks for reading my letter; I am glad you found it interesting!

      Yours sincerely,

      Yeow Min

      Delete
  4. Dear Yeow Min,

    Thanks very much for the detailed letter. It's especially impressive that you could describe having had a chnace to do an internship overseas. I also take note of how you were able to collaborate with others in the work. I wonder about how you got such a rich opportunity and what you were able to achieve in your collaboration in terms of the 'clean room' that you mention. (For us laymen, maybe you could briefly explain that actually means.)

    You also mention your use of 'broken English.' Do you mean to say that you use Singlish a lot? Rest assured that doing so is not using anything 'broken.' In fact, it's simply a legitimate dialect of English. If your language use in this letter is any indication, you're even fluent in standard written English. :)

    I look forward to learning more about you this term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Mr Brad Blackstone,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my introduction letter. I appreciate your kind words on my use of written English. I will make good of the input you've given me and improve my letter! Have a good weekend with a "cigarette and a beer." :)

      Cheers,

      Yeow Min

      Delete
  5. Thanks for taking your time to write this letter Yeow Min, through this letter I was able to know you better and things I did not know before. You managed to answer most of the points given and provide a more in depth details about your experiences. Great flow throughout the letter, and you are always able to give example or explain the points that you picked which allowed me to understand better as well. Overall great job writing this letter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Justin,

      Thank you for reading my introduction letter!

      Yours sincerely,

      Yeow Min

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts